In the words of Apple: This is 7.
- It will cost £599
- Pre-orders start 9 September, arriving in stores on 16 September
- It’s available with 32GB, 128GB and 256GB of storage
- It comes in black, jet black, gold, silver and rose gold
- It’s got a 4.7-inch screen, brighter and better than ever
- There’s a new 12 megapixel camera, coupled with an improved LED flash
- The home button features vibration feedback
- It’s water-resistant
- The 3.5mm headphone jack has been dropped in favour of a Lightning audio output – you’ll get an adaptor in the box, but Lightning-only headphones will benefit from improved audio output
- There are also stereo speakers running along the bottom of the handset
This is the iPhone 7 Plus.
- It’s got a 5.5-inch screen
- As with the iPhone 7, there’s no headphone jack, but Lightning-only audio
- The major difference is the new camera – a dual lens model seen above. A 12mp wide-angle camera that’s on iPhone 7 works with a 12MP telephoto camera that allows for better zoom and more detail in shots
- It will cost you £719
- Pre-orders start 9 September, arriving in your hands on 16 September
In addition to Apple’s “best ever” iPhone, the company also showed off a neat new set of wireless earphones – the AirPods.
These wireless headphones supply you with five hours of Bluetooth tunes, with a further 24 hours of charge coming from a carry case. They can sense when they’re in your ear, pausing any music playback if you pull one out. Double tapping either Pod will activate Siri, whom you can talk to via a built-in microphone.
These arrive in October, for the price of £159.
Here’s our roundup of some of the best headphones for the new iPhone 7.